Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Learning Java and teaching Oracle

I went out to canvass for a school that teaches Java programming and provides certification. I could hear a lot of my college friends grumbling over the fact that it's better to self-study than to pay for classes. Well, I'm thinking of doing classes for two reasons:
1. I want to give my brain a rest after overusing it in Korea
2. I want to get certification. Looks good on me resume too.

The price for a 30 hour Java course is a bit pricey. I guess I have check out a few more schools tomorrow.

A funny thing happened. The guy the I was talking to in one school asked if I could teach Oracle. I guess the idea popped into his head when I told him about my job and background (I worked mainly with Oracle). Hmmm, sounds tempting but I defer to reason number one as the reason for declining.

No comments: