Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Running wet and cold in Rochester

I was itching to join a race in MN before I left. I read about a 5K race in a local free ad paper. That's how I found myself 80 miles south of the twin cities in Rochester. I usually join 10K races and above but never 5K. I considered it a sort of "testing the waters" kind of run. I haven't been doing a lot of interval training so I have no idea how I'd do. The weather that whole weekend in the midwest was cold and rainy. I haven't raced in such conditions so I have didn't know what to wear. I just bundled up in 4 layers of dri-fit fabric and ran. Suffice to say I was pleasantly surprised by the results.

If it weren't for the cold and the rain I would explored the city more. I just hung out at the Galleria (mini mall) and explored parts of the Mayo clinic. After buying a latte I headed back home. I just might go back and explore the trails on bike next time.

Link to the results page --> Rochester Track Club 5K results

No comments: