Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Van Halen Live in Minneapolis 2007


I finally got to see my guitar hero Eddie Van Halen live!

Suffice to say, this is the loudest concert I have ever attended. Bring earplugs if you decide to watch their 2007 tour.

Compared to the Hagar-era Van Halen I watched on DVDs, the energy of a Roth show is frenetic and balls to the wall rock. No Hagar songs to be heard. It's all DLR Van Halen from the late 70's to 1984.

Eddie's guitar was spot on the whole night with a lot of old-school shredding. It was some the fastest shredding I have seem him do. I can't tell for sure but I think he was still using his Peavey guitars with the "Peavey" label taken off.

My only complaint is that the vocal mix wasn't perfect. I can barely hear DLR above the roar of the instruments. It's not a dealbreaker as I never really listened to the lyrics. I had my jaw to the floor almost the whole show and barely had enought time to headbang to the music. The sound coming out of Eddie's guitar is... IMMENSE... pure BROWN SOUND!

Awesome concert. I'd watch it again.

No comments: