Pages

Friday, February 25, 2005

Adjusted?

Most of "Me" is now in-synch, same timezone, intact. It's been a week and I think I'm back on solid ground. My driving has adjusted to US standards. I've talked with my employer regarding my schedule/job. My bank stuff is finally set up. Jet lag is almost gone. I still get the occasional "extended nap" syndrome where you wake up and feel like you slept the day away. I've been making the most of my time (I think) at my friend's apartment reading up on Retek stuff and doing an anime marathon. Neon Genesis Evangelion is the anime. Saw a couple of episodes in college but not the whole series. It's perplexing. Interesting. Engaging? Maybe. Watch it. You might like it. It borders on science and religion. The Japanese have a knack for obscure yet addicting plots. Add a dash of mecha design and a pinch of sexuality and you have a great series.

What to do this weekend? Not really sure. I have to run again. It's been a week since I last ran and it's driving me nuts. Must find a way. I'll check out my old apartment complex and see if the gym is open. Might also check out some running stores. Buy that new pair of Sauconies or New Balance. Maybe not. New shoe scent is addicting.

Saw an orange Subaru Impreza in a parking lot yesterday. Orange. Took a picture of it using my camera phone. The outside just doesn't give a hint of the monster inside. Cool. But orange?

Maui is attending our friend's wedding. I hope she has a good time. I miss her. I need to call her up this weekend. Just hearing her voice takes me back home.

No comments: