Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Flickering thoughts

Jet lag. Your body and mind go in opposite directions. Body buddies up with inertia and stays horizontal, mind defies physics and flies in all directions. I reign in some of these "thought darts" and try to impose wordly sensibility. From 2am to 5am, it starts and ends. Some I forget, some remain like the aroma of last night's breakfast/dinner.

Cashiers
Did groceries last night. Cashier was chatty. Most of them are. Back home, everyone evokes "Don't talk to me and i won't bother you." It's comforting for us. Years ago I scrambled to answer the everyday "How are you?" of Americans. It was never meant to be answered with full-on thought. First out of the cortex will suffice, also known as "Good, how about you?"

Missing out
I feel a pang of sorrow for those who haven't experience the "joys of reading" a book. The internet only serves as a plain alternative. Web pages cater to those who want information quick. Direct to the point. Vanilla. Broth without the stock. All is news. None is a good read. It's the difference between a good movie and a bad one. The bad one evaporates as soon as you exit the double doors. The good one stays to fuel conversations.

I miss my Maui.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you have gotten your lazy but in gear and started bloggin again....