Pages

Thursday, November 04, 2004

running scared

I woke up this morning scared of the number 25. I only dread 25 if you attach the word kilometers to it. You see, on a whim, I signed up for a 25km race on the 21st of November at Fort Bonifacio organized by New Balance ('em running shoes). I've been running for two years and it is the first time I'll be running 25kms. The longest I've run is 19 kms and I felt like a wilted vegetable afterwards. Nevertheless, I continue to train with the number 25 creeping up like twilight's shadow behind me. Nov 21st is D-Day and I just hope that I finish the distance without passing out or puking all over the asphalt.

To date (two years), I've:
- joined three 10 km races (all in the Philipines)
- joined one 7 km race (in Seoul, South Korea)
- went through four pairs of running shoes
- collected four race t-shirts
- received a race medal
- ran a total of 3640 kms or 2275 miles
- lost 30 lbs from my original 180 lbs when I first started
- suffered a minor leg injury
- decided that Nike shoes are more flash than functionality for me
- found my ideal running shoe (NB 765)
- collected 14 back issues of Runner's World

No comments: